I had originally posted this on Quora.
Humor in a film massively affects how I regard it. In a movie with a lot of buildup, dramatic subplots and the sheer spectacle that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I found myself massively cracking up when
- Drax believed that he’d mastered the skill of standing so still that he was invisible to the naked eye!
- Kick names, take ass. ‘Nuff said.
- Starlord: I’m gonna ask you this one time: where is Gamora?
Tony Stark: Yeah, I’ll do you one better. *Who* is Gamora?
Drax: I’ll do *you* one better. *Why* is Gamora?
- Eitri: You’re about to take the full power of a star. It will kill you.
Thor: Only if I die.
Eitri: Which is what being killed… is
- Spiderman: Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I’m sorry.
Tony Stark: I don’t want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?